-
Junior Member
registered user
Midi problem
Does someone know how to set up midi, I tried to set it up with a AD1985 onboard card
but also with a AudioPCI128 , with or without alsa on boot it is not possible to play midi
files, not with playmidi or xmms, I tried on a harddisk install and tried it with and without
alsaconfig. I have sound and can use aplications like audacity but only when I don't activate
soundsystem in the configurationcenter when I do that and start Audacity it returns with
an host error can't initialise i/o layer no recording or playback options, same with Hydrogen.
The system sound is working then, but the test midi button remains silence.
I tried knoppix 3.3 and 3.4 and tried to set up alsa myself with kpackage but it refuses
to do things mainly I guess because off alsa-base but it seems it can't be removed without errors.
I tried to install applications like muse qsynth timidity xzynaddsubfx kmidi but none
off these will work properly.
I read almost all forums for a solution so because I can't find these I hope someone who
is been able to set up midi or a proper working alsa will post his results or suggestions.
The cards I tried AD1985 soundonboard and Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI seems to be supported
ordening to the ALSA SOUND MATRIX, so my question is how can set this up?
Similar Threads
-
By daviskacer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 04:09 PM
-
By yuu_shi in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 02:42 AM
-
By dmitry in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 03:37 PM
-
By redss in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 08:20 PM
-
By aay in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit #2
$838.50

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99