Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: i2c with Knoppix v3.4 ( kernel 2.6.6 )

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338

    i2c with Knoppix v3.4 ( kernel 2.6.6 )

    This past weekend, I planned to install the new Knoppix v3.4, with kernel 2.6.6, onto my hard drive... That worked perfectly, I think the new knoppix-installer is great, a deffinate coding "work of art"...

    Now, I am going through all the configurations... One that has me puzzled though...

    I had ( in v3.3 ) GKrelM running for sensors, with backgrounded lmsensors and i2c running to provide the "grunt" work... In the documentation of lmsensors, it made note that if you have kernel versions from 2.6.x or higher, the i2c is ALREADY included in the kernel, and that you DON'T use the i2c prodivded by lmsensors -=- my question...

    I installed lmsensors and GKrelM, and they appear to be working, except I can't get the sensors for CPU and CASE temps, or the FAN RPM's - I would bet these "sensors" come from the i2c support - so, if kernel 2.6.6 has i2c in it, how do I get it going, because it appears it isn't at this time???

    Thanks in advance for any advice,
    Ms. Cuddles

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    It may be that the module is not compiled in the kernel or that it is just not being loaded. Support is built in to the kernel, but that doesn't mean it is being used. Also, there is (or was) a need to configure the lm-sensors utility to detect your particular hardware's sensors.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    Even though i2c is built in, you can still build newer modules against your kernel.

Similar Threads

  1. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Errors and kernel panic during boot (2.6 Kernel)
    By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
  3. Kernel Source 2.4.23-xfs and Kernel install for wlan-ng
    By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. Kernel compile problem - first Knoppix kernel compile
    By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00