-
can't edit lilo.conf
I am attempting to install knoppix on my hd and all has gone well untill I need to change my lilo config. Every time I try to edit it I get an error about not being able to open. How can I fix this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
call 'whoami' first.
If you're not root, become root with '/bin/su'.
You need the root-password.
PS.: 'Tips and Tricks' is the wrong section for your question - it is ment for publishing tricks and tips, not for pulling.
HD-Install would have been better.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Tips and Tricks is for contributing a tip or a trick so I've moved the post.
Similar Threads
-
By el__sid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 12:24 AM
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 04:00 PM
-
By pat reen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 02:13 AM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 10 Genuine Cisco 10-3105-01 SFP-10G-SR-S Transceiver
$27.00

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$34.94

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Arista QSFP-40G-UNIV 40G Universal QSFP+ 1310nm LC XVR-00071-20 Transceiver
$55.00