-
Dell Latitude LS: Screen resolution too high!
I've got a Dell Latitude LS, which usess the Neomagic 256AV chipset to power its audio and video. The chipset shares 2.5MB of system memory between the two functions, and the video capabilities range up to 1024x768x24bpp. However, the physical LCD is 800x600 natively. So when I run at 1024x768 in WinXP and move my mouse to an edge, it scrolls the screen.
Knoppix's GUI detects and sets up its resolution perfectly, but when I switch to the CLI to install it on my hard drive, the resolution being used there appears to be 1024x768. I can't see what I'm typing or what is being displayed on the bottom of the screen. If I hold enter I eventually see the command prompt, but I never see a prompt with a cursor. Is there a way to force the CLI to use a certain resolution? Or could someone tell me the keystrokes necessary to do the hdd install? (I want it to occupy the entire harddrive)
Thanks!
btw: I've got Knoppix 3.3 on CD.... I could download the latest CD though.
Similar Threads
-
By batigolix in forum Laptops
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-16-2006, 04:35 PM
-
By Reverend in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 07:27 AM
-
By konilsen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 03:09 PM
-
By Phredd in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 02:03 AM
-
By xbob in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95