-
BASH console on TI83+
I'm fairly new to Linux, but I was wondering if it was possible to port the BASH shell to a TI83+ or other Texas Instrument Graphing Calculators?
Thanks,
Mike
-
maybe
I guess you could, but the TI-83 only has 256KB ...maybe. you might check out TI sites--I know there's lots of games and such to download and import to those. I don't think it has enough ram to run bash. I've got an older TI85--It's simple enough to program, why would you need a shell?
-
Console for TI83+
It was just a thought...it'd be kind of cool to run linear equations, and just practice on the BASH shell for scripting and such...sort of like a bare bones BASH shell for TI (TInix...hehe...) I don't know the archetecture of TI's Hardware/ Software. I know you can write BASIC programs and another language also that is a little more versatile (APPS on TI83+/89/93)...anyways it was just a thought....thanks...
mb
-
Correcttion
Did some research and there already is a TINIX...written for TI89, it has no relation to UNIX or Linux (no, its not GNU/Linux...) it is a file management application. However, the creator is french so naturally the software is also written in french.....
-
Senior Member
registered user
you mean it is written in "freedom" right?
lol
-
Well, I think unless its a GNU/Linux distro I dont think Linux should be called GNU/Linux in general...
Revision 3.15.03
Someone just informed me about the french opposition to the war, got it...good one god...
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think the TI83+ has 512KB or 1/2 MB of RAM on board.
All the "+" TI calcs do as well as flash ROM for upgrading the OS.
BTW, the TI89 and TI92 were the first to have both, hense no "+" in their names.
I've been using these calculators to teach AP Calculus since the TI81!
Regards,
-
Allow me to restate the question...does anyone know how big (space) a custom compiled BASH kernel that was stripped to basic functions would be?
-
oh well......thanks to all that participated in this forum...
Similar Threads
-
By sibtay in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 11:08 AM
-
By dehahn in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 01:31 AM
-
By Salzi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By Guitarplaya512 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 11:03 AM
-
By michaelmontagne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99