Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I can't configure my wireless-g card

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    I can't configure my wireless-g card

    My linksys card isn't detected by Knoppix. I just added it recently, and wlcardconfig couldn't find it. Do I have to re-install linux?

  2. #2
    I tried booting from the cd and it still didn't work. Knoppix does find my ethernet card, though.
    Can anyone help me out?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    Since you mention Linksys and -G, I suspect that your card has the broadcom chipset. The manufacturer will not release any information about these chips, so there are no native Linux drivers for them.
    Your only hope is one of the various projects that attempt to provide a wrapper around the windows driver. NDISWrapper is one such project that I think people are having some success with... http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9637
    But be warned, I think it is going to require a bit of tinkering to get working.

Similar Threads

  1. How to configure my Belkin wireless card
    By oconnork00 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
  2. problem in configure MA111 wireless in whoppix 2.7
    By aashikan in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 11:20 PM
  3. How to configure my wireless network?
    By ebidder in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2005, 12:42 AM
  4. Can't Configure TV Card
    By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 09:21 PM
  5. Configure TV card
    By massai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 03:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack ) picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )

$70.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50