-

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
I wonder if they are ever going to do one of those "expo's" in the states? -=- I'm pretty sure one wouldn't be, like, in Wisconsin...
They actually do have a Linux Expo in the US, twice a year... One in San Fransisco every first week of August (I just went, had a blast!) and one in the eastern US early in the year... I'm not sure if it's always in the same place, but next year, February 14-17 in Boston, MA they're having one.
Check out http://www.linuxworldexpo.com for more info and registration -- if you register early enough, the Expo floor is available for free!
Just thought you might want to know.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I got the iso-top.org CD today, it was remastered by iso-top.org from the Linuxtag dvd. It has 4.8GB of stuff on it ( uncompressed, mounted ) and boots by default in german ( to get it into english type knoppix lang=en but to get the = sign you have to press Shift+0 ).
One shame is the default theme is KDE-hicolor, which is the theme from KDE 2.2.2!
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
eadz
One shame is the default theme is KDE-hicolor, which is the theme from KDE 2.2.2!
At least you can change the Style, Color Scheme, and Window Decorations to Plastik. mmMMMmm, Plastik. (Although Plastik looks really good with the Color Scheme set to Keramik.)
-
Senior Member
registered user
.torrent for the remaster of the Linuxtag 3.5 DVD from iso-top.org
http://www.knoppix.net/Knoppix-3.5-D...er.iso.torrent
-
Linux kernel 2.6.8.1
Linux kernel 2.6.8.1 is out. Any news on Knoppix 3.5 CD edition?
-
Junior Member
registered user
repeat after me:
it will be ready when it is ready
OHMMMMMMMMMMMM
-
Requests for the DVD
1) I think GIMP is missing. Please can I have it back !
2) My son's favourite game is 'castle combat' http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~karlb/castle-combat/ . Any chance ?
3) 'Squeak' http://www.squeakland.org/ and its tutorials http://www.squeakland.org/author/etoys.html would be excellent under 'edutainment' or 'development'.
I can recommend the X-windows client version (it works better than the browser plugin version) http://squeakland.org/plugin/installers/ux.html
The DVD is fantastic. Worth the 3 days it took to download the 'torrent' . 4 GB down, 10 GB up !
-
Shit to post office, in addition, we supply replacement.
eadz already one again got
Greetings from Germany,
Marlis
-
dose the dvd version have the linux skype installed on it? or is there a list of apps that are installed on it somewere... i dont want to download the whole dvd image to find out
-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix 3.5 dvd boot problem need help!
I have a copy of the knoppix 3.5 dvd remaster but it will not boot on my pentium 3 pc. I thought it might be corrupt but it works fine on a friends pc. Heres whats it does.....nothing. it just boots to windows. I can run knoppix from cd just fine i have even recorded the regular cd to dvd and it boots but it refuses to boot the remaster dvd. I have updated my bois to the newest version it was last updated in feb 2002. Do you have any ideas how I can get this to work maby a boot cd?
Thankx
Similar Threads
-
By abittner in forum News
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 11:32 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum News
Replies: 144
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:27 PM
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
-
By emanuelez in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:06 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-732 Mid-Tower Server Chassis w/ Supermicro X10DRi 2x Xeon E5-2620
$325.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00