-
DVI Flat Panel Monitor on GeForceFX 5600
Hello all. I am a total Linux noob, and am trying to use knoppix to slowly make the shift to all-free software. BUt I have an immediate problem when booting Live off a knoppix CD. I have a Dell Dimension 8200 with an Albatron GeForce FX 5600 Gigi 128mb DDR Video card. When I boot up Knoppix with my 17" Dell flat panel monitor attached using the DVI slot the monitor goes into sleep mode. (The screen goes blank right after entering the cheatcodes and booting Knoppix) When I switched to the analog output on my video card it worked perfectly, I want to be able to use Knoppix with Dual monitors, one on DVI and one on RGB like I do with windows. I have searched the forum and found some similar problems, but none of the solutions I have seen have helped me. I entered the cheatcodes screen=1024x768 (the native resolution of my monitor) brefresh=60hx xmodulae=NV, but it didn't help . Alos, when plugged into the DVI Knoppix detected the monitor as "generic monitor" and when its plugged inot the RGB it detects it as DEL007. Any ideas? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By jimeee in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:26 AM
-
By ledatica in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
-
By JamesX in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 09:12 PM
-
By spmontomery in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 08:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00