-
How to use X-Win32 for X-windows !
I want to connect the Knoppix from a windows operation system by X-Win32 software. The information shows "Connection refused", so I modified the "/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers"
# $Xorg: Xserv.ws.cpp,v 1.3 2000/08/17 19:54:17 cpqbld Exp $
#
# Xservers file, workstation prototype
#
# This file should contain an entry to start the server on the
# local display; if you have more than one display (not screen),
# you can add entries to the list (one per line). If you also
# have some X terminals connected which do not support XDMCP,
# you can add them here as well. Each X terminal line should
# look like:
# XTerminalName:0 foreign
#
# When adding X servers, please keep the following things in mind:
# - For each X server other than :0, the display number must be on the command
# line.
# - This is the place to add the -bpp option to the command line.
# - It is wise to add the vtXX option to each local X server, since this is
# the only sure way of knowing in advance which X server attaches to which
# console.
# - See the Xserver(1) manpage for a description of X server options.
#
# Examples for multiple local X displays:
# :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt9 -bpp 16
# :1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 vt10 -bpp 8
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt7 -nolisten tcp
#############################################
192.168.1.11:0 foreign
#############################################
----but I can save the file,what's the problem,What should i do for this?
-
never used xwin32 but used cygwin (free xserver) ssh (or telneted) to computer
then logged in as desired user then typed
export DISPLAY=(the ipaddress of your computer);0.0
example
export DISPLAY=1.1.1.1:0.0
then type name of application
kicker for kde start bar
xfce fro xfce bar
gnome-pannel for gnome bar
xterm for xterm etc....
-
I can't save the file when I'v modified yet.
I'm not run the Knoppix from a HDD installation, I run it from the CD-ROM directly, I can not save any config files which I edited. what should I do to fix the problem. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By fab1976 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By bxb32001 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-12-2003, 01:08 AM
-
By Darkehorse in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00