It's not going to hurt anything to reboot. Of course you'll have to start the install over again. Try xkill to close that window. You'll have to have access to a terminal or the menu item for Xkill tho...
While Knoppix was installing to HD, I accidentally opened another program, a fantasy game (I can't remember the name). The game said something, then went into a blank (but not quite black) screen.
I need to get back into the install, but there doesn't seem to be a way to close the other program. I have tried various reccommended shortcut keys, including ALT-F4, ALT-TAB, CTRL-Z and a few others i found but cannot remember.
Can someone please tell me how to quit this unwanted program, and if not, whether it is safe to reset the computer and start again (I think not)
It's not going to hurt anything to reboot. Of course you'll have to start the install over again. Try xkill to close that window. You'll have to have access to a terminal or the menu item for Xkill tho...

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99