Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Overcloking...

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    124

    Overcloking...

    I was trying to overclock my box but my hardrive did some some mistakes. I now I have:"KERNEL PANIC: VFS: UNABLE TO MOUNT ROOT FS ON 03:02"
    THANK YOU.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi,

    You reallly need to be more specific. What did you do exactly? AMD overclock? Intel? Did you try jumpers on your motherboard (BIOS or hard)? Do you, no offence, KNOW how to overclock correctly? What else does the harddrive do? Is this a kernel problem i.e. you compiled for on e CPU and the overclock makes it a different one (Duron vs Athlon)?

    Answer the abov equestions and then try the forum at overclockers.com for help also.

    AdriMagnon

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    124
    The system is a celeron overclocked from BIOS on the FSB only!
    I have not compiled any kernel, so they are linux 2.4.

    When the FSB was high the system was not able to boot. However I've fixed the FSB, now is on default. What I would like to know is how to get knoppix back without going for a reinstallation.
    I know that there is a way, and this is way I am asking.

    Thank You.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99