-
complete noob, issues
first off, yes I'm a complete noob to linux etc... I'm not a noob to windows or computers in general.
Here's my issue. I can boot and run knoppix off of the cd just fine, when I try to copy it to the hd some things happen. First off the partition is formatted in FAT32 and is 2.5GB. Everything is fine when i use the boot "cheat" tohd=/dev/hda2 is starts to copy, everything here is smooth. Next it always gets to %66 and then stops copying, the cd drive slows down and I get a tranfer rate of 7.xxx kbsec. I've tried this multiple times thinking I did something wrong and it always starts slowing at %66 and by %67 I get an error message about not enough memory.
at first I wanted to load it into just the ram with the cheat toram and it also slows at %66. I have 768MB ram.
My first reaction is to think I have an incomplete cd, but i'm able to boot into knoppix just fine from the CD.
I'm lost and my googles and other searches aren't helping much. Any help for somebody looking to get away from microsoft for a change?
Similar Threads
-
By Iane in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
-
By Deathwalker in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
-
By kepler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By ANDREW03 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00