And maybe better if adding this option :
Code:fb1024x768 knoppix xmodule=vesa knoppix screen=1024x768 knoppix nodma
Ah right also another thing ,
try this at boot :
I had about the same problem with a toughbook from Panasonic.Code:fb1024x768 knoppix screen 1024x768 knoppix nodma
And maybe better if adding this option :
Code:fb1024x768 knoppix xmodule=vesa knoppix screen=1024x768 knoppix nodma
A friend gave me a knoppix CD and told me it was th best way to get into Linux if I couldn't get a regular install to work. He showed me on his PC that the disk worked so I go home and try on my Laptop.
I have the same stalling problem as above, however, none of the boot options suggested above or fb1280x1024, fb1024x800, fb800x600 work.
My laptop is a Compaq Presario 700 AMD AthlonXP peaking at 1.2GHz 256MB DDR ram.
Any solutions? Thanks.
Ok, I'm "pullin out all the stops" here, this is from the long list of "cheatcodes" that I used from v3.2 up to my current v3.4 boots... You may want to try one, all, or any combination of them...
Version 3.2 and 3.3:
Another for v3.2 and v3.3:Code:knoppix noapm nopcmcia noacpi lang=us
And my current for v3.4, using kernel 2.6.6:Code:knoppix screen=1024x768 vrefresh=60 noscsi lang=us
Mix and match, and ...Code:linux26 lang=us nopcmcia noagp noacpi nodma noapm
Hopefully this helps,
Ms. Cuddles

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
$280.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00