-
Installing Programs
Is it possible to install programs even though I just boot Knoppix via CD-ROM?
-
Senior Member
registered user
crix,
Simple question, simple answer...
YES
Try doing a Search Knoppix.net for the keyword klik -=- I hope I have the spelling right - I am running a hard drive install myself, but, I have read, and heard, that with the "new" version of Knoppix ( v3.4 ) -=- it is possible to actually install programs, running strictly from the CD on boot, and maybe a small partition set-aside on your hard drive, for the installs and configurations...
This is a first response to your question/post - I know of many people here on the forums that are actually doing the same thing you are asking, and, I am sure, they will be "adding" to what I have already said - with a lot more "information", and knowledge, of this subject...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By newbie#7 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-29-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By Garibaldi in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By Fuel in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:32 PM
-
By Prons in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By digitaldeity in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95