Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: External drive recognition probs

  1. #1

    External drive recognition probs

    Hi,

    I have a Sony Vaio GRX600. I have attached to it via the iLink (1394)port a hard drive inside a drive enclosure. Knoppix recognizes the 4 internal NTFS partitions on the Sony, but does not seem to recognize the external drive which is FAT32.

    What can I do to help Knoppix recognize the external drive?

    Thx,

    tomber

    ************************
    LCPI.txt

    ¬ \@¬ \@compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW
    (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80fa
    Flags: bus master, stepping, fast Back2Back, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency
    66, IRQ 9
    Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    I/O ports at 3000 [size=256]
    Memory at e8100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
    Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    02:05.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev a
    Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80fa
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 3
    Memory at e8202000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Bus: primary=02, secondary=03, subordinate=06, sec-latency=176
    I/O window 0: 00004400-000044ff
    I/O window 1: 00004800-000048ff
    16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

    02:05.1 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev a
    Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80fa
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168
    Memory at e8203000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Bus: primary=02, secondary=07, subordinate=0a, sec-latency=176
    I/O window 0: 00004c00-00004cff
    I/O window 1: 00000000-00000003
    16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

    02:05.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C552 IEEE 1394 Controller
    (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
    Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80fa
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64
    Memory at e8201000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82801CAM (ICH3) Chipset Ethernet
    Controller (rev 42)
    Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80fa
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 66, IRQ 9
    Memory at e8200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    I/O ports at 4000 [size=64]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Have you tried this:
    modprobe ohci1394

    Let us know how it goes eh?

  3. #3

    Follow up

    It's not working so I am going to get a new copy of Knoppix--one without the cloop errors. I bought this thing of ebay because the isos I download never match in md5 and won't boot. I am going to start over and repost later. Thx.

Similar Threads

  1. help with zip usb external drive
    By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 11:45 PM
  2. External JAZ 2GB Parallel Drive
    By bluedevlx in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 04:45 PM
  3. auto recognition of USB pen drive after HDD
    By softgun in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 06:12 AM
  4. MSI CD-RW drive recognition problem
    By CoolSilver in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 04:38 AM
  5. Easy Zip Drive Recognition
    By Friendly Guy in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00