-
Can not login as a regular user....forced to use ROOT
After installing knoppix to the hd I can only login as root. When I try to login as my user account i get 3 different errors about 5 times each untill it tries to boot up some server kms server I think and it gives me an error there and just goes back to the login prompt! Any suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Can not login as a regular user....forced to use ROOT

Originally Posted by
Orion Pax
After installing knoppix to the hd I can only login as root. When I try to login as my user account i get 3 different errors about 5 times each untill it tries to boot up some server kms server I think and it gives me an error there and just goes back to the login prompt! Any suggestions?
Not posting those errors makes it very hard to diagnose your problem. You can always add another user and try logging in with that username.
As root:
adduser <username>
Post your errors, hopefully someone that uses KDE can help.
Similar Threads
-
By Xevi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 10:25 PM
-
By sgs9198 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:40 PM
-
By knoppix-noob in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 09:13 PM
-
By Dan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:14 PM
-
By jmrizz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC RT-11 V5.0 8” Floppy Disks HT-11 System BASIC FORTRAN Software Lot
$199.95

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is
$170.00

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00

Vintage DEC Digital VR319-DA 19" High Resolution Monochrome CRT Monitor TESTED
$219.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$599.99

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00