-
Making the connection
OK, I've got my USB WLAN adaptor working, but I can't seem to ping the router or use it to access our internet connection here. I've tried looking through FAQs that seemed appropriate, I've tried aproposing and looking at as many man pages as I thought were relevant, but I'm nowhere. The WLAN adapter can find the access point, but doesn't get any further.
Can anyone point out where I should be looking for this? I'm not even sure what's stopping it - I'm a complete Linux newbie (although I can handle myself on a CLI). Any particular FAQs I might've missed, any HOWTOs, anything at all?
By the way, I'm using a non-static IP for my internet connection, and as per usual the router is assigning intra-network IPs.
Similar Threads
-
By Werie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:35 PM
-
By Jessse5935 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
-
By sbassi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By Colonel Sanders in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 06:23 PM
-
By _r00t- in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Magitronic AT-I/O 8-Bit ISA Parallel Serial Game Port Card XT AT PC Vintage PC
$46.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95