-
knoppix with firefox
Greetings:
Has someone already remastered a knoppix with these:
- Firefox
- Bittorent
- Kaza-lite for linux (if it exists)
Although I didn't check.. but does knoppix has a PPPoE client that I can use to connect to bell sympatico in toronto area? I don't think it does.
It already has open office. Meaning there should be a substitute to word/excel.
I think it already has a built-in pdf reader.
I would like to exclusively use it for a couple of weeks and see if I should completely move to linux.
thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
you can try this site.
http://klik.berlios.de/
it lets you install software while you are booted into knoppix. You have to use the browser that starts up with Knoppix. The software is loaded into you ram so when you shut down they are gone. azaurus I think is the bit torrent program, apollon is like kazza lite, and firefox is there too. If you get brave you can create a persistant home drive. The KLIK programs (and your settings) will save there on your hard drive. This way the next time you boot they will still be there. Do a seach here on the forums to find more information on how to set that up
-
thanks. let me check that out.
-
Re: knoppix with firefox

Originally Posted by
bfman
It already has open office. Meaning there should be a substitute to word/excel.
thanks.
I see a software for this and i included on mi remastered knoppix 3.4, it calls ABS.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix with firefox

Originally Posted by
bfman
Greetings:
Has someone already remastered a knoppix with these:
- Firefox
- Bittorent
- Kaza-lite for linux (if it exists)
Although I didn't check.. but does knoppix has a PPPoE client that I can use to connect to bell sympatico in toronto area? I don't think it does.
It already has open office. Meaning there should be a substitute to word/excel.
I think it already has a built-in pdf reader.
I would like to exclusively use it for a couple of weeks and see if I should completely move to linux.
thanks.
I have custom Knoppix with-
firefox
bittorrent
ml-donkey (multi-protocol P2P)
For pppoe, it might also be that you need a modem dirver if the modem is USB.... There is pppoe software, not sure if its compatible with your ISP..
Openoffice has replacments for word.excel, and is capable of using the M$ doc formats.
Acroreader for pdf
http://overclockix.octeams.com
-
knoppix standard includes one bittorrent client, but is only text mode, no gui. The name is "btlaunchmany".
You will need access to the hard disk with read permissions (right click in the desktop icons). Then launch a console, move to the selected disk (cd /mnt/hda1) and launch the bt client:
btlaunchmay .
The "." is to indicate to the program where the torrent files will be and where to download the files. finally get some torrents and save them in the selected hard disk. The client will begin to download any torrent file found in the selected directory.
-
Senior Member
registered user
you sure btdownloadcurses doesn't work?
-

Originally Posted by
Ghandalfar
you sure btdownloadcurses doesn't work?
being honest! I only tried btdownloadgui. Didn't work, ask for some obscure libraries. Then , tried btlaunchmany, and succesfull, so, I didn't try more. But, I'll give a chance to btdownloadcurses
Similar Threads
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
-
By maxIT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
-
By sunburnt in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 01:58 AM
-
By impure_client in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By BaltikaTroika in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 Computer Motherboard 820-0260-A Parts/Repair AS-IS
$350.00

7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC
$35.98

Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac
$299.00

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99

Vintage and very rare original Macintosh 128k box (2/3/1984)
$500.00

Vintage Miscellaneous Brand 5 1/4 Inch Floppy Drive Untested - Lot of 4
$35.95

Vintage Macworld Ultimate Media Jam AOL Mac 3.0 Clip Art for Macintosh (CD-ROM)
$9.68

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC
$90.00

Vintage 1983 Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 4P Portable Computer Powers On Screen
$389.99