-
success
Finally
.
For the benefit of the hopelessly curious and anyone who may follow this thread seeking solutions for their own problems, here's what I did. It finally clicked that the permission problems were due to the partition being mounted -ro. So, (as close as I can recall) I did the following:
sudo umount /mnt/hdb6
sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/hdb6 /mnt/hdb6
chroot /mnt/hdb6
sudo vi /etc/group (I think I had to do this)
sudo vi /etc/lilo.conf (made edits)
exit
reboot
Thanks for all of the help.
Darren
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By irvine in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By bikerman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:22 AM
-
By shadinio in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By Coma0 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2003, 02:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10 GigE MMF Transceiver Module
$18.88

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99