-
Senior Member
registered user
I need help networking my 2 computers
Hello....I have a Gateway 900Mhz laptop running KNOPPIX 3.4 And also my DESKTOP computer, also running KNOPPIX 3.4 I would like to be able to network these 2 computers together to make it easier to transfer files between them. They are both hooked up to cat5 cable going to a Linksys router, which is connected to my cable modem. The router has 4 ports. I want to be able to use the router to network them. I have NO CLUE where to even begin doing this! I tried searching for info on the SAMBA program, but its still GREEK to me! Is it possible to get step by step instructions on how to set up my desktop as the SERVER and the laptop as the CLIENT? Is it possible to access data from them both in both directions????Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks....bob58
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 11:24 PM
-
By smileeb in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By hernan in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:42 AM
-
By rail_man in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-29-2004, 01:05 PM
-
By net_benjo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99