kde has it's own menu editor, 'KMenuEdit'. It's on the start menu under 'settings'.
Hi All,
I'm customizing my own knoppix cd . I couldn't find any information on how to add or remove kde menu items. I tried adding and modifing /etc/skel/.kde/applnks/ .. but that didn't help.
Help please...
Thanks, Roiy.
======
correction I did manage to modify one of the kde items from the 'Office' directory , but I also created a new Folder in /etc/skel/.kde/applnks/ but it was not visible in the kde menu ... anybody got a clue .. ?
kde has it's own menu editor, 'KMenuEdit'. It's on the start menu under 'settings'.
Thanks for the reply , But that's not what i meant. I'm trying to figure out how to edit the files and directories that compose the start menu and not adding and removing by using a graphical interface.
Does anybody did something like that .. ?
Remaster knoppix, with unmodified menu entries.
Test the remaster. While testing open up kmenu edit. Edit to your hearts content.
The editing process creates .local & .config dirs in the home dir. Browse these they are very straight foreward.
Copy these to /etc/skel of your remaster & edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession to copy these with other dotfiles.
Read all of these files carefully and you cannot go wrong
I did added some entries to /etc/skel/.kde/share/applnk on the source area and remade the livecd , but the new menu entries did not appear.Copy these to /etc/skel of your remaster & edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession to copy these with other dotfiles
any clues ? should i explicitly add cp cmds in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession ?
How does the KNOPPIX menu entry is created .. ?
Thanks, Roiy
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession uses rsync to copy files/directories from /etc/skel into /home/knoppix. If you're just using the same old .kde from /etc/skel that was originally on the cd then nothing is going to change. You'd need to put your new .kde into /etc/skel. Realize that I don't use KDE so I am only presuming that .kde is the KDE configuration file is.Originally Posted by zroiy

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50