-
Newbie girl just not getting it right...Cant find my new HD
Hi Guys
I am embarrassed to ask, as I feel I am rather fluent in Windows, but when it comes to Knoppix, I feel like an eskimo in Sahara.
Ok the ths story goes:
I have two rather similar computers, they have the same everything except the prosessor and network card. Now. I have been running knoppix HDinstall for like 6 months and no worries. But as I now have a better processor in the new machine I am thinking why not just put my HD into my new machine? Now I have already installed knoppix on it but have now moved my bid HD from the oldest of my two machines to the other. But when I get to KDE I can't for the life of me find my new HD... But when running Knoppix from the CD I find it straight away.... Go figure...
Now can anyone please explain in extreme layman terms what I should do? If it includes using the commandline I could always try, but so far I have been happy to avoid using it with the occasional exception of apt get.
All I want to do is to have an icon on my desktop that says hdb1 or something (this is where the live cd found the files anyway...)
Please help.
Similar Threads
-
By fractalsphere in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-04-2005, 05:07 AM
-
By ozone in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 03:15 PM
-
By huntersa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 03:59 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00