I'm planning on buying some more memory, and have a question about adding it. Do I have to do anything special to get a hdd install of knoppix (debian style) to recognize and use the new ram? And is there any way to verify that it is being used?
I'm planning on buying some more memory, and have a question about adding it. Do I have to do anything special to get a hdd install of knoppix (debian style) to recognize and use the new ram? And is there any way to verify that it is being used?
Just go for it.
It's up to your computer bios to recognize it. Every Os will read bios first before booting and will use every hardware assign by bios. Your available ram will be used first before swap file is used.No need to worry.

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
$280.00
Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50