Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trouble with Lilo

  1. #1

    Trouble with Lilo

    Hi.
    I have 2 hard drives. The first hd has a fat32 partition (with windows98 installed), and a NTFS partition (with windows XP installed).
    The second hard drive has a linux ext3 partition, a linux swap partition and an ntfs partition.
    I installed knoppix on the linux partition.
    The first time I installed it, I put Lilo on the MBR. When I did this, and tried to boot into XP from Lilo, I got the XP startup screen, and then I got an error saying "autochk not found" or something like that. so I did a fixmbr and removed Lilo from the MBR. XP still would not load. So I booted win98, and ran PartitionMagic. There, I saw what I thought could be the problem: the NTFS partition which XP was installed on was hidden. so I un-hid it, and rebooted... and xp booted normally.
    So, I figured I wouldn't bother to put Lilo on the MBR. I re-installed knoppix, and tried putting it on the root partition instead. After doing this, Lilo does not come up at all.

    So the questions are:
    Does Lilo hide the NTFS partition when put on the MBR?
    And how can I get Lilo to load without hiding the NTFS partition so that I can boot XP?

    Could someone give me some assistance?

  2. #2
    Oh gyad, how much times I press dat submit button dread?
    way... sorry there...

Similar Threads

  1. Reinstall lilo to hda, using hda lilo.conf and knoppix live
    By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
  2. Trouble with LILO, fresh install won't boot
    By lwsimon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
  3. X11 trouble
    By nirav1983 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 06:05 PM
  4. lilo trouble
    By braveapachebr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 03:46 AM
  5. Trouble with Lilo
    By Spectral_Entity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on

$500.00