Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
Hi,
I am trying to use an Orinoco gold card on an ACER laptop running Knoppix 3.4. I cant seem to get it to work. When Knoppix boots up, the only interface that comes up is the local loopback interface, i.e. no eth0 or eth1. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alastair
Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
I ran "sudo wlancardconfig" and entered the parameters for my AP. Still having a problem though. When I run "iwconfig" it shows "tx-powerff". Im guessing this isnt right! Also I didnt enter any values for iwpriv or iwspy, is that a problem?
Afaik there are different hardware versions with the same name "Orinoco Gold". Mine is about two years old and works perfectly automatically without the need for any settings. But I have heard that they have changed the chipset.

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
$280.00
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99