Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: X starts with low resolution

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Krakow, Poland
    Posts
    2

    X starts with low resolution

    Hi,
    I've just started Knoppix (3.4/17.05) for the first time, and since I have an lcd monitor with optimal resolution 1280x1024, I booted with "screen=1280x1024". Unfortunately, X started at a lower resolution - 1024x768. I cannot change that using krandr, because it only lists 640, 800 and 1024. What do I have to do to enable that resolution? 1024x768 doesn't look very nice :/
    I suspect that the cause of this might be my non-standard lcd monitor - it's name is Prestigio P171 and I found out that most distros don't detect it automatically and don't have it on the vendor lists ...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Maybe its your video card or refresh rate. What do you have?

    Regards,
    AJG

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Krakow, Poland
    Posts
    2
    My card is Nvidia Geforce FX 5700. I tried to set vsync= and hsync= values from the monitor manual (60Hz/63,9kHz or 75Hz/80kHz - both are for 1280x1024) but in first case Knoppix started in 800x600, and in the second - in 1024x768...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Nvidia can be a problem. Is your card recognized during the boot process?

    Regards,
    AJG

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    44
    I have a similar problem. My monitor should support 1280x1024@75Hz, but in Linux, I get 1280 at 60Hz, which is quite painful...and I really need my high-res becuz Firefox is so large at 1024x768...

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    try sudo kxconfig

Similar Threads

  1. When Knoppix starts it does not go to GUI interface
    By brigi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 05:02 AM
  2. NXclient KDE session starts in German ...
    By jlcurty in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 01:13 AM
  3. vi starts slow as molasses after HD install
    By redss in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 09:48 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:01 AM
  5. Konqueror automatically starts after hdinstall
    By Kam in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



CWVK X86-P2 Fanless Firewall Mini PC J4125 16GB RAM Dual Intel i226-V 2.5GbE picture

CWVK X86-P2 Fanless Firewall Mini PC J4125 16GB RAM Dual Intel i226-V 2.5GbE

$184.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99