-
Junior Member
registered user
Help w/ new computer and 3.4
I just got a new computer, Compaq 2.6ghz with XP Home edition. The first boot device is the CD (no floppy). My 3.4 disk is tried and true, I used it on my previous machine untill the motherboard died. Video is on-board.
I tried several cheat codes;
linux26
nodma
fb800x600 ( LCD Monitor was not supported but would work in framebuffer mode on old machine)
What I get when I boot is;
Loading linux26
minurt26.gz
Ready
Then it goes to a blank screen. Any suggestions please?
-
Senior Member
registered user
does it boot failsafe?
Since Knoppix 3.4 is older than the computer, it is possible that the hardware detection is not capable of identifying some piece of new hardware.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thankyou. That worked. Next question. How do I set the screen to 800x600?
-
Senior Member
registered user
try boot 'knoppix screeen=800x600'. Now that you know it will boot failsafe (ie almost no hardware detection), it's just a matter of checking out the various bootcodes available (press f2 for a list) to arrive at the one that will disable or properly configure whatever bit of hdware is causing problem.
Similar Threads
-
By notepares in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-10-2005, 01:25 AM
-
By namnemet in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 10:05 AM
-
By Steven Hair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 06:49 AM
-
By jbreiden in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 05:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$729.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00