-
Triple Booting Windiws-98,RH-9.0 & Knoppix w/o a Cdrom
MY Goal is to...if possible 'triple' Boot My (B) Laptop
with Win-98, Redhat-9.0 and Knoppix[Debian] understand, it has no cdrom.
MY Question to the Forum is ...
Generally speaking [given the 'lack of a directly connected cdrom'] -> should I/Can I 'triple' Boot this laptop(B),and what is the best proceedure? Given that Knoppix appears to default to the use of Lilo, should I also use Lilo when I install Redhat 9.0 prior to installing Knoppix?
--> Would it be a good idea to install Knoopix prior to installing Redhat 9.0 ?
--> Is it possible to copy my Knoppix Cd to either the a DOS or Linux partition and then boot Knoppix from the laptop in order to do a 'hard drive' install of Knoppix to the laptop?
Thanks in advance for your advice
Johnny
My Systems: 1. a Home LAN Server [Redhat 9.0 now - probably switch eventually to Fedora-2 or Debian[ using Knoppix Hard Drive installs off cd]
2. I have 2 Laptops, both are Dell Latitude CS 400mhtz, 128 m RAM, with LinkSys 10/100 + 56K Modem PCMCIA Cards, one is
(A) my daughters with a '6 gig hard drive' on which I [1st] installed Redhat 9.0 on a 2nd partition and then copied the Win-98 CD's files to the laptop's Vfat parition and install Win-98 from there. Seems to work fine with both Win-98 and RH 9.0....
the other laptop is
(B) my laptop, with a '10 gig hard drive', on which I did a network install of Redhat 9.0. it works great.
Similar Threads
-
By stormspotter in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 02:58 PM
-
By GStoll in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM
-
By stillspiraling in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:15 AM
-
By phlox in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 07:54 PM
-
By lightstorm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 03:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE
$65.00

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00