I see no one has answered so I will jump in. I am also trying to do this without success. Just curious, what do you want to add?
HAs anyone successfully added a new session type to the kdm menu in Knoppix 3.4???
I seems as though it is no longer a part of the kdmrc as it was in KNoppix 3.3 where i have successfully added my own sessions
thanks for any help
ryan
I see no one has answered so I will jump in. I am also trying to do this without success. Just curious, what do you want to add?
Im trying to add xpde - i have been lookin at this for several weeks and jus seem to end up following scripts round in circles - it seems to be something that is knoppix based as the kde web site documentation still says kdmrc is what needs to be changed
Pardon me if I'm off base here but are you trying to remaster Knoppix? If so then you need to add your session to /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession. Is kdm even used in a knoppix cd?
I'll keep my comments about xpde to myself at this point. :P
no i have it fine in the remastered cd - that was easy - takes minutes - i mean on the hard drive install - on the hard drive install 45xsession is not used unless you install so it boots like the knoppix cd - which i have found isnt really ideal
Oh well then perhaps this post would be better off in the hdd install forum.Originally Posted by sbkryan
Sorrry I have no idea how kdm launches other wm's. I prefer gdm.
exerpt from http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75882:
"the way sessions are configured changed entirely and the frontend was not adapted. read $KDEDIR/share/doc/kdm/README for instructions. "
Hope this helps. I (and others) reported this bug soon after KDE3.2 came out but I don't think anything has been done about it yet.
Maybe bugging KDE maintainers for Debian could help in some debian specific sollution in this direction
Mewonders if ever ther'll be ONE way to set up sessions no mater which session manager you use? Well I can dream right?
figure out how debian is supposed to do this and bug *dm and *wm maintainers about it and try to set up policy document about it

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50