Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.4 and nforce2 ethernet issues?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix 3.4 and nforce2 ethernet issues?

    I was wondering if there is an issue with knoppix and the Nvidia Nforce 2 ethernet adapter? I can't seem to get knoppix to recognize my card.
    I am using a static IP address(no DHCP) which works fine in windows 2000.

    When I do a /etc/init.d/networking restart I get an eth0 device not detected.

    Is this something other people have experience? Do I need to get an updated driver? Thanks for the help!

    Sartan

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    35
    Works fine for me on an ABit NF7-M with nforce2 chipset.



    Jim

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    nforce nvidia driver is not included.(nvidia is not prepared to GPL it,so Klaus will not integrate it). But ......
    Try the image from the guys at overclockix (they included it )
    http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php...on=overclockix
    If the site is unreachable try P2P network like e-mule,shareaza, or so.
    greetzzz,

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thanks greetzzz I'll give overclockix a try!

Similar Threads

  1. Ethernet Issues
    By larz in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 04:55 AM
  2. How to install nvidia nforce2 driver in knoppix cd version
    By myztik19 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 12:48 PM
  3. Knoppix and A7N8X nForce2 Networking Problem...
    By cmoser99 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 10:56 AM
  4. Does the latest Knoppix CD detect the nForce2 onboard LAN?
    By audioaficionado in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 01:26 AM
  5. Knoppix 3.2/ Nforce2 and USB
    By RealNeo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 12:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$729.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00