Read my post here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=samba
You will get the idea how it will run. I would suggest you get Bitdefender live cd for that purpose since knoppix cd don't come with av.
I have a laptop I'm trying to fix for a friend. I'm not really new to linux, but I am very new to Samba. Another friend of mine suggested that I use Samba to share the laptop and run the antivirus program from my desktop. I have tried the documentation at http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick but it didn't work. I need the computer running by Sunday morning, so any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Read my post here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=samba
You will get the idea how it will run. I would suggest you get Bitdefender live cd for that purpose since knoppix cd don't come with av.
What I was planning on doing was sharing the whole hard drive with Knoppix, and then scanning it via a piece of cross-connect with my XP Pro machine. I'll give your suggestion in the other post a try, though, and put the result up here. Thanks! More suggestions are more than welcome!
Forget Samba. Just use Knoppix instead.
Check it out: http://networking.earthweb.com/netse...0952_3389801_2
Make sure you mount the drive using the Captive driver if it's an NTFS drive.

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )
$70.00
Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU
$385.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50