Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: What are the Boot options?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    24

    What are the Boot options?

    OK, another quick question. When I boot my hard drive installation of Knoppix, I get four options on the boot menu. "Windows", "Linux", "Linux (2.4)-1" and "Linux (2.6)-2". I can guess what the last two are but what is the plain "Linux"? It seems redundant. When it boots, there is a line in the messages that reads "Running Linux Kernel 2.4.26". I think this is the same thing I get if I select the "Linux (2.4)_1" option.

    So could I get rid of the "Linux" option and not lose anything?

    Thanks, jimbo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120

    Re: What are the Boot options?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo62
    So could I get rid of the "Linux" option and not lose anything?
    Most definately.

Similar Threads

  1. Two Knoppix boot options?
    By kernco in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
  2. 3.4 Boot options?
    By metalfan in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
  3. Boot options
    By ovunque in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM
  4. Boot options
    By Tea_Fiend in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 08:03 PM
  5. LILO Boot Menu options
    By Wind_Walker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00



NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



NEW - Cisco Catalyst C9300X-48HX-M Meraki 48x Multi-Gig Switch - UNCLAIMED picture

NEW - Cisco Catalyst C9300X-48HX-M Meraki 48x Multi-Gig Switch - UNCLAIMED

$8899.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89