Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Left field hardware question

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177

    Left field hardware question

    I doubt anybody herecan help, but you've all been so helpfull with everything else, I'll give it a try.

    I have a PocketPC runnig the standard PocketPC2002 OS. I realize that syncing the way I did in windows is nie on impossible, but I'd like to get network through the sync cable. That would allow me to everything I care about as far as syncing, but I don't even know where to start. I'm sure this is possible, but Ihaven't got a clue.

    At one point there was a program at Source Forge called SynCE for just this task, but it apears to be gone. Any sugestions welcome.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Where on the PC does this 'sync' cable connect? I have never seen one.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    It's USB.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Looks like Lars hooked you up- If you've installed Knoppix to your hard drive you should be able to get the .deb's they recommend. Let us know how it goes eh?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! When I couldn't find SynCE anymore I was crushed. I Thought I was SOL. You saved me. thank you SO MUCH!

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177
    This install is still WAY TOO complex for the linux noob but I'm sure I'l get it eventualy. Any tips beyond the directions on the website? If it matter's i'm useing a Dell Axim X5

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Get the .debs - they are very easy to install. In fact if you're using KDE then you could use KPackage manager. Personally I prefer to use Midnight Commander. Open a term, become root, and type mc Navigate to where you saved your packages, open it up (with <enter>) move to 'install' and hit enter again. If you don't know which version of Debian you are running- open a term and type
    cd /etc
    mcedit debian_version


    That will tell you which .debs to get. It's also very easy to compile from source. That is those files labled 'tar.bz' & 'tar.gz'. Post back if you need further assistance.

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Compaq nx5000 hardware
    By scottjf8 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 01:43 PM
  2. Question about hardware detection
    By sharkn in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 04:23 PM
  3. Hardware Detection question
    By obsoleto in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
  4. knoppix app that will open database field data?
    By duah55 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 08:20 PM
  5. KNOPPIX on a ME/XP machine(Dell Inspiron), my field notes
    By garyng in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 09:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE picture

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE

$445.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99