-
libopenexr0 / kdelibs4 dist-upgrade problem with kanotix
Hi,
I've got the Kanotix Bughunter 6 version of Knoppix installed to my hard drive, it's working great. However, doing an apt-get dist-upgrade results in all KDE packages being kept back because apt can't find an installable version of kdelibs4. Trying to apt-get install kdelibs4 results in:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kdelibs4: Depends: libopenexr0 (>= 1.1.1) but it is not installable
libopenexr0 doesn't exist in the Debian packages repository as far as I can tell, I have installed libopenexr2 but this doesn't seem to help. Does anyone have any pointers on this? I am using normal Debian apt sources. Very eager to upgrade to KDE 3.3!
Thanks for any help.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I just encountered the same problem this evening...after much surprise that no where on the net was a solution to this what i did was remove libopenexr2 which i had previously installed and downloaded libopenexr0 deb file ...and installed it manually with kpackager. Then went back to kpackager and tried to continue updating kdelibs and it worked!
edit: i should note that i got the libopenexr0 deb file from here http://www.linuxia.de/packages/Debia...il/libopenexr0
-
thanks
Thanks for the help, unfortunately the libopenexr0 package on http://www.linuxia.de/packages/Debia...il/libopenexr0 gives a 404. I can't seem to find a libopenexr0 package anywhere else. Seems like a strange problem, will continue to investigate using my trusty KDE3.2.
-
libopenexr2
Well, I've looked high and low, there appears to be no libopenexr0 package anywhere - everything has been replaced by libopenexr2, however my dpkg system appears to be not aware of this. Where does Debian keep its list of dependencies, perhaps I can tell it somewhere to use libopenexr2 rather than libopenexr?
-
How about googling for libopenexr0_1.1.1-1_i386.deb
-
Aha! That does seem to do something...I was able to download libopenexr0 from http://debian.experimentos.cl/debian...ain/o/openexr/
I have removed libopenexr2, and libopenexr0 installed without difficulty from the local deb file (used kpackage, could just as easily have done "dpkg -i /path/to/filename.deb"). Doing an apt-get dist-upgrade still results in most kde packages being held back, but I was able to get kdelibs4 to install without throwing up an error, will do this and try to continue upgrading kde after that. Will report back in a bit, hopefully this thread can help somebody else later.
Thanks, Markus and leif81 for your help so far.
Y
-
Senior Member
registered user
I had the same problem too. Installing the deb from http://debian.experimentos.cl/debian...1.1-1_i386.deb allowed me to install kde 3.3 from unstable
-
Yep, seems to work fine. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Weevil in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:31 PM
-
By charon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM
-
By naoliv in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:16 PM
-
By smittybomb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 09:39 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64C C64 ASSY 250469 Rev A with Original Integrated Circuits – Tested
$175.00

VTG Commodore Plus/4 Computer Untested As-Is
$49.99

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00