-
Absolute newbie needs help
Like many I decided to try knoppix because I could run it off a CD and get my feet wet in Linux easily.
I downloaded the 3.4 ISO and burned an image to CD.
It boots into knoppix and I get a whole screen full of stuff it is doing/loading (video/sound etc.) UNTIL I get to the line saying "Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab/..._" and then it just sits there. I waited at least 5 minutes 3 times and it just hangs there never progressing any farther.
I know nothing about knoppix and have no idea how to troubleshoot it.
Similar Threads
-
By tofergregg in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 03:31 AM
-
By trav618 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By translator in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 08:29 PM
-
By dichiam120 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00