Is there anyway in ver 3.6 to get my onboard lan to work? Everything else is detected on my board except the nic. It is the standard nforce3 250 onboard 10/100/1000 int. nic. Thanks for the help
Is there anyway in ver 3.6 to get my onboard lan to work? Everything else is detected on my board except the nic. It is the standard nforce3 250 onboard 10/100/1000 int. nic. Thanks for the help
I have an Asus® K8N-E Deluxe with nForce™3-250GB chipset.
The chipset has a built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY It supports - 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
Nvidia has recent Linux drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0283
Havent tried getting them working with Knoppix yet though.
I will dump the CD to a Read/Write medium (harddrive or USB key) and see if the drivers will install. I want to try getting Knoppix running on a USB key anyway. I only have a 128MB key currently... might need to upgrade
Hi biolink: Just wanted to ask you if your Asus® K8N-E Deluxe is working OK with Linux (Knoppix), and if you have any problems with it ?. I'm thinking of purchasing the same board.
Many thanks, and regards,
serge.
I also have Knoppix 3.6 and a MSI K8N Neo Platinum motherboard.
I also have had no luck with the onboard NIC being detected.
Has anyone had success with this combination yet?
Thanks in advance..

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99