So, I saw this on the bit_torrent page and was wondering if it is for real? It is not mentioned anywhere?
Anyone know anything about it before I try booting my laptop with it?
So, I saw this on the bit_torrent page and was wondering if it is for real? It is not mentioned anywhere?
Anyone know anything about it before I try booting my laptop with it?
Downloaded it last night, and I have booted it on two computers.
Seems fine. :)
So what's new with knoppix 3.6
MMmmmm...Let me guess kde 3.3 for starters ?![]()
Nope..
KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN on the official bittorrent tracker has KDE 3.2.3.
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/
KNOPPIX Version 3.6 zum Download freigegeben
(Knoppix 3.6 for download released)
KNOPPIX-Version 3.6 "aKademy" steht zum Download über Bittorrent und auf den Knoppix-Mirrors bereit. Einige der neuen Features:
* Linux Kernel 2.4.27 und, als Bootoption, Kernel 2.6.7, beide ACPI-enabled.
* KDE Version 3.2.3.
* GIMP Version 2.0.
* Erweiterte Hardwareerkennung und Updates,
* der FreeNX server von Fabian Franz,
* ndiswrapper zum Laden proprietärer Treiber für einige Wireless Netzwerk Adapter.
OOPS! How did we miss a release from 2004.0816???
Anyway, I'm having a heck of a time getting this release. I tried bittorrent, but it takes for ever to start! How long does it take to queue up?
I tried the ftp sites, but only
ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/
has the new ISO and it's really slow!!!
OK, am I doing something wrong? I went to the BitTracker page on www.knoppix.net and clicked DL. Now on my home dir I have KNOPPIX...EN.torrent so I ran
in a shell and all I get is hundred's of lines likeCode:btlaunchmany *.torrent
Is this normal???Code:All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB All: Spd: 0 B/0 B Tot: 0.0 MB/0.0 MB
ARRGGGHHHH,
AJG
I suspect we missed due to the timestamp![]()
KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso 716308 KB 08/22/04 21:01:00
You might try a regular download from Tuwien http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/knoppix/
This site doesn't have 3.6 either!Originally Posted by pulsar
OK, I've left btlaunchmany running for nearly 2 hours now and I still get the same outputs. Am I in fact on a queue or not. If I'm not, I don't see the point of leaving this running....
Regards,
AJG
What in Gehenna is Bit Torrent? Does Knoppix work well? I have been trying to find a good linux distribution so I can pickup Unix again.

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99