-
/dev/null permission errors
Whenever I chroot into my remaster, I get the following:
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/bash: /dev/null: Permission denied
and so on.
I've tried doing a chmod 777 /dev/null, I've tried doing chgrp and chown root /dev/null, and I still get the same error. I searched Google for solutions, but their problems were all fixed after a chmod 777, whereas mine still persists.
I can delete /dev/null and it regenerates one and works, but then the remaster fails to work when installed onto the HD, and the regenerated /dev/null is quite odd - it's not even a device file. Any thoughts?
-
RE
U must mount the drive that u want to chroot with
mount -rw /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
changing hda1 with your specific devices
good luck
-
The drive's already mounted rw, and before you ask, I'm root.
-
Hi, if you speak french you might read this, because i had the same problem and did resolv it : http://www.lea-linux.org/pho/read.php?f=16&i=476&t=476
If you don't understand french, or where is the solution of your problem, just ask. =)
-
Well, I understood it (almost
), but where does it talk about /dev/null? It gives a guide to installation of Mandrake and use of Morphix, doesn't it?
-
One of the remastering procedures I read says about /dev/null permission errors to do this:
mount -o remount,rw,nosuid -t ext2 /dev/hdaN /mnt/hdaN
-
remount -o dev
in knoppix, if you mount /mnt/hdx, it is by default mouted with the nodev option, so /dev/null won't work there. Before chrooting, you should do mount -oremount,dev /mnt/hdxy
Similar Threads
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
-
By wildcat in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 02:27 AM
-
By ocilent1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-30-2003, 12:53 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
-
By doelle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HPE 10GbE 2P SFP+ QL41132 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10GE 10Gb 10G OCP 3
$439.00

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70