-
Senior Member
registered user
Some progress...
Okay, I have made some progress, but have not met with success yet. Per the suggestion in the forum, the kernel source I am using is linux-2.4.20.tar.bz2. Although, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, because when I type uname -a the system reports
Linux wally 2.4.20-xfs #1 SMP Mit Jan 29 18:47:59 CET 2003 i686 VIA Samuel 2 CentaurHauls GNU/Linux
I see that Knoppix 3.1/2 is 2.4.20-xfs and my kernel source is 2.4.20.
Next I untarred the contents into /usr/src/ and recreated the symlink /usr/src/linux to point to this directory. I also had to recreate the symlink /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/build to point
to this new directory to proceed without errors (can't find module XXX).
Next, I ran makemenuconfig and compiled the kernel and did the requisite make "dep" afterwards to allow the system to recognize the new kernel source.
I was then able start compiling without bombing out right away. I ran autoconf with no errors, but when I when to run ./configure, it appear to run and compiled, but noted the following:
checking for kernel includes directory... yes
(/lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/build/include)checking that running and kernel source
versions match... noconfigure: WARNING: Kernel source version 2.4.20 does not
match running version. This kernel module may not work correctly...
Any suggestions on where I may have gone wrong?
Thanks for all the help so far...
~paul
Similar Threads
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
-
By EdeS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

✅ MacroSystem CASABLANCA ⭐ Commodore Amiga 3000 Clone ⭐ Video Editing Computer ⚡️
$190.21

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$349.99

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus
$25.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00