Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Running Knoppix off of the cd....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2

    Running Knoppix off of the cd....

    And when I finally get into the GUI the screen is all scrambled. My monitor only supports up to 1024x768 PLEASE HELP ME

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    80
    knoppix is set to default to 1024X768 so I think we can rule the resolution out. When it is booting, does it properly recognize your graphics card? if not what does it say it's going to use for video?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2
    yes it finds it fine. I ran the refresh to 60 hz and it worked out fine.

    would this os be a viable alternative to windows XP??

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    for me it is, for you... only you can know.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Europe-Belgium
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmdm
    yes it finds it fine. I ran the refresh to 60 hz and it worked out fine.

    would this os be a viable alternative to windows XP??
    I've got Knoppix HD-installed as only OS on one pc(to work with, surfing, emailing,etc, and as a dual boot on the pc used with other members of the family(it's a newer one and I also want to play Enemy Teritorry on Linux, and i've got one pc with mswinxp used as multimedia thing to watch DVD's which i've got problems with in Linux. On thing is for certain: you have to look better when you buy new hardware. My scanner is not supported, so I still need windows for that. I've got an aiptek webcam en fujifilm photo shooter: to get my pictures is no problem, but the webcam functions are not possible(I don't really need that, so not an argument to me.) I bought a new adsl modem-router-firewall-printer server...That was a good thing. So, you see: you have to check out for yourself...have lots of fun

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPIX running from CD
    By nteixeira in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 06:53 PM
  2. Running Knoppix
    By Skaman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 01:39 AM
  3. Knoppix not running right
    By linuxknewb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
  4. ICS with knoppix running from CD
    By Pinoccio in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 01:36 AM
  5. Running Knoppix in without the X Server running....
    By Raineri in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$799.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00