My mouse (Logitech, no usb) doesn't work anymore after a hard drive install. It did work on Knoppix-Live. I can't use the knoppix live anymore, because of a minor partition problem.
My mouse (Logitech, no usb) doesn't work anymore after a hard drive install. It did work on Knoppix-Live. I can't use the knoppix live anymore, because of a minor partition problem.
It's probably just your XF86Config-4 file. You can simply copy that file from Knoppix cd to hdd install. Assuming you installed Knoppix to /dev/hda1, boot knoppix then:Originally Posted by Taldor
su
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda1/etc/X11/XF86Config-4
Overwrite exisitng? yes
Not sure I follow you. How does Knoppix live cd not work because of a partition problem? It shouldn't make any difference what you have on your hdd partitions.I can't use the knoppix live anymore, because of a minor partition problem.
Are you using Kernel 2.6? I had a lot of mouse problems with 2.6, try 2.4 again.
Good Luck,
AJG
Actually I had mouse dection problems with 2.4. 2.6 solved the problems. Go figgure!?!?!?
I made a partition for the files of the knoppix cdrom, because I can't burn cdroms. From there I installed knoppix on another partition. Now for an unknown reason the partition with the cdrom files is hidden. (It wasn't hidden before the installation.)Originally Posted by mzilikazi
When I use kernel 2.6 everyting works fine.
No suprise really. You need differnt options in XF86Config-4 for 2.6.* kernels.Originally Posted by Kram
I have the exact same problem! My mouse works in 2.6 and not 2.4...
So all I do is run the Live CD, and copy the Xconfig file?
If it's a PS/2 mouse you should have this at the top of the file:
Section "ServerLayout"
<snip>
InputDevice "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
And this a bit further down:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "PS/2 Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice" #for 2.6. Try /dev/psaux for 2.4
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
EndSection
Just try changing the one line there for different kernels.

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection
$129.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$236.55
Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99