Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: What kind of file system chould I use?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24

    What kind of file system chould I use?

    I am going to use knoppix for browsing the internet, writing documents, and other office type things and also for playing music and viewing pictures. I'm also going to play Solitare etc (that come withs KDE).

    I am not going to use this for developing software and using Konsole or any root type stuff.

    What kind of file system should I use? ext1? ext2? ext3? etc.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    I would choose ext3 as it's journalizing and doesn't lose data at powerloss. Well, at least it's not supposed to. Reiserfs is another good choise. Between reiserfs and ext3 I think it's a matter of taste as they both seem to work fine.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    24
    Thanks!!

Similar Threads

  1. 4.0 file system
    By Woody Ochs in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 01:49 AM
  2. What File System should I use ???
    By b0b-0001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 05:56 AM
  3. What file system?
    By Drewby in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
  4. File System
    By WANDr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 01:51 AM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



4x Micron 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2B2 (256GB) – FOR PARTS picture

4x Micron 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2B2 (256GB) – FOR PARTS

$880.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



(Lot of 8) Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-12800R DDR3-1600 Server RAM M393B2G70BH0-CK0 picture

(Lot of 8) Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-12800R DDR3-1600 Server RAM M393B2G70BH0-CK0

$129.99



[Lot of 78]- 64GB RAM Sticks. Sk Hynix/Samsung picture

[Lot of 78]- 64GB RAM Sticks. Sk Hynix/Samsung

$28000.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON picture

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON

$149.99