Did you spell that wrong I tried that command in Konsole, ctrl+alt+F1, and ctrl+alt+F2. and is that a 1 or a I?
newknoppixguy:
Please post your partition table using this command:
bash# fdisk -l /dev/hda
hda is ide0 master. If your boot drive is somewhere else then substitute hda with whatever drive you are using (hda, hdb, or hdd).
thank you.
Did you spell that wrong I tried that command in Konsole, ctrl+alt+F1, and ctrl+alt+F2. and is that a 1 or a I?
This is the error I got the first time with a one or a I:
bash: bash#: command not found
This si the error I got when I used the line that is on the key with a baskslash.
bash: bash#: command not found
bash: /dev/hda: Permission denied
I tries also hdb and hdd and those didn't work.
It's 'ell' (as in linux)
In X you can select text with your mouse in almost any application. Just hold the left mouse button down and sweep the pointer across the text. For instance, select this text:
fdisk -l /dev/hda
Then alt-tab to your root console window and use the middle mouse button to paste the text. On wheel mice the wheel is the middle mouse button.
Cutting and pasting avoids typos and font ambiguities.
This is what I got when I wrote it in the ctrl+alt+F2 thing. And I wrote the letter "ell". I'll also do bold, normal so you don't get mixed up.
I wrote: fdisk -l /dev/hda
and this is what I got:
Disk /dev/hda: 6800 MB, 6800080896 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/traks, 826 cylinders
Untis = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 1 826 6634813+ 83 Linux
Thats all!
Stuff about my systems:
I am running 2 computers at the same time one (knoppix computer) is a PII with 500Mhz? with a 512k front side bus, 300something MB of RAM, CD,CD-RW,Floppy, HD with 6gb, Diamond StealthIII video card w/ drivers.
And My other computer is the computer that I can read the posts And type in stuff you tell me. Specs: IBM Netvista 6790 13U with a CD drive,floppy, HD with 18.9gb, 300something MD RAM, NVidia Vanto (video card), P4 with 1.94Ghz?, Windows XP Home with SP1 and 2.
Also the computer are like a foot apart so I can look on one screen while I type on the other. The specs about the last computer I accedentily wrote in MD of RAM I meant to write MB
Also the computer are like a foot apart so I can look on one screen while I type on the other. The specs about the last computer I accedentily wrote in MD of RAM I meant to write MB

Juniper EX4650 Ethernet Switch
$35200.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
$6392.99
Juniper EX2300-C Compact Ethernet Switch
$2673.99
Juniper EX4100-24P Ethernet Switch
$6983.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper EX4300-32F 32-Port SFP Gigabit Switch EX 4300 w/ Rack Ears
$89.99