-
Junior Member
registered user
Sorry, I prested submit to many times. (Darn wirless connection so slow!)
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, it's a strange problem. Might be a hardware problem - maybe there is a new bios for the drive. But here is the last thing I would try. Usually I would do this with a rescue disc. I think these commands are on the knoppix 3.6 live cd. You might have to change the numbers in the second mkpart command to fit your disk geometry.
bash# parted /dev/hda
(parted) rm 1
(parted) mkpart primary linux-swap 0.0 256.0
(parted) mkpart primary ext2 256.0 6800
(parted) print
(parted) quit
bash# mkext2fs -j /dev/hda2
-
Junior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, without any more information regarding error messages or dmesg output or /proc/kmsg, etc, I can't help you.
Is your target computer connected to the internet? One of the nice things about Knoppix is you should be able to boot it and connect to the internet off CD. So you should be able to make all these posts from your target computer. That would be nice, because you could just cut and paste the error messages, /var/log/messages, and so on.
Anyway, sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe next time.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would suggest you run testdisk first to check your partition. It may wrongly written.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I created a Swap Parition (whith the correct filesystem) Now when I get to the installer their more options when it starts to install it says:
Error: Formatting of failed. Some messages from
mkfs.ext3: Usage: mkfs.ext3 [-c|-t|-l filename] [-b
block-size] [-fragment-size]
[-i bytes-per-inode] [-j] [-J journal-options] [-N
number-of-inodes]
-----------------------------------------------------------45%----
< OK >
Similar Threads
-
By cyberstew in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By javiergp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM
-
By KnopperX in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:48 PM
-
By knoppixnewb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM
-
By Rython in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN
$149.99

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00