When attempting to mount the miniroot's , remember to gunzip the .gz first before attempting to mount with -o loop.
gunzip mini24.gz
mount -o loop mini24 /mnt
good luk
I'm getting that too, but i followed the first set of instructions in this thread; i think it might be might be a 3.7 thing. I'm downloading 3.6 now, but i won't be able to finish it today.I followed pbs's instructions, I see the main KNOPPIX boot screen (the one where we enter cheatcodes) but it is stuck there. I can not input anything; F2 and F3 doesn't work.If you're in Linux, you can mount the .iso image as a filesystem, if you're in windows you can mount it with something like daemon tools (Google it).is it possible to do this whole preparation without burning CD?
When attempting to mount the miniroot's , remember to gunzip the .gz first before attempting to mount with -o loop.
gunzip mini24.gz
mount -o loop mini24 /mnt
good luk
maybe we can do some clear step by step info how to do that?
Exact same problem. I had a success with Knoppix 3.6 using the instructions I posted earlier in this thread.Originally Posted by NamShub
No luck with 3.7 (using my instructions) or 3.8.1 (using pbs's instructions, minus the part about modifying minirt.gz)
OK! Turns out I was using syslinux-3.0.7. Switching to syslinux-2.11 for theOriginally Posted by jbreiden
"./syslinux /dev/sda1" step, everything works. I don't know what's different
between the two versions of syslinux (it isn't mbr.bin; that didn't change)
but it makes the difference.
This is on the 1Ghz EPIA MS motherboard from VIA, booting from
the onboard compact flash drive. It's kind of slow (about one megabyte
per second read speed) from the Kingston "Elite Pro" 1GB compact flash card.
But there's no moving parts anywhere, so I'm happy.
Final note: I skipped mucking about with minirt.gz and just use a cheatcode
on the command line. Very simple.
knoppix bootfrom=/dev/sda1
i recently bought a 1gb usb drive, and i want to make knoppix 3.8.1 on that usb..
any points/tips would be really nice..

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00