-
Remastering is a breeze, but linking to home...I'm confused?
I've remastered Knoppix 3.4 just fine, replaced mozilla with firefox and installed bits of database software, but I'm having a small problem and I must be missing something obvious.
I'm chrooted into my remaster and have installed some software. The software is in /opt/foo and wants to set it's config files in /opt/foo/conf (which is read-only when we're on CD...and no I can't change where it puts it's conf files.) I want to make /opt/foo/conf a symlink to /home/knoppix/conf so I can change the settings at runtime and save them to a persistant flashdrive home, but for the life of me can't see how to do it. Even the venerable RTFM isn't helping...I suppose I could go dig around the scripts, but I'm hoping there's a simple answer.
Anyone?
Similar Threads
-
By samhainbaphomet in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
-
By hogwash in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:07 PM
-
By poundsmack in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
-
By Joutei in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00