Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 3.6: Installer hangs/can't find files/errors reading CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Woodstown, NJ
    Posts
    8

    3.6: Installer hangs/can't find files/errors reading CD

    I've downloaded and burned the ISO (8/16/04) several times from several sources. I've checked the MD5 and everything was fine. I've burned it with my burner which works fine.

    After I boot to the CD, and run the Knoppix Installer, it copies files very slowly. Once it reaches about 87%, it just stops doing anything altogether. Is there a problem with this release or is there something I can do?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    Never encountered someone with this kind of problem in this forum. Is'nt it a hardware issue?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Woodstown, NJ
    Posts
    8
    I don't think its hardware... Everything else works fine with this drive.

    Is there anyway to make run the knoppix-installer using a different CD drive as the source for the files? I could burn a 2nd copy of the CD and install it from my firewire CD-RW drive. I'm using a laptop so I can't just install a different drive, without it costing me $$$.

Similar Threads

  1. How to find Files etc on crashed XP OS system
    By BamBamKnoppix in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2005, 07:12 AM
  2. find files ... doesn't find files
    By maxpower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
  3. Newbie needs help: Errors when running knoppix-installer
    By galandy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 12:41 AM
  4. knoppix-installer input/output errors
    By apoth in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:06 AM
  5. Where to find .deb files to rebuild Knoppix?
    By tinmith in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00