-
After install 3.4 in HDD, some problems to ask..
After install 3.4 in HDD, I am facing some problems...
- How to access CDROM? the CDROM link on my desktop is linking to "/mnt/cdrom" which link to "/mnt/auto/cdrom", but "/mnt/auto/cdrom" does not exist.
- I deleted the default user which knoppix created for me and re-create another. After that I edit the ".bashrc" file in my $HOME with the following item:
alias ll='ls -l --color=auto'
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
export LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8
....
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
.... but it looked like didn't exec this file at all...., i type #env at console i still get
LANG=C and my "ll" give me bad command.
May I know what's wrong with it?
Thank you
-
Senior Member
registered user
"man bash" will explain the difference between .bashrc and .bash_profile. Most likely you want locale settings to apply system-wide, so you should set them in /etc/environment, then reboot. Plus, all prgrams started from the GUI inherit KDE's LANG et all settings, so you need to verify those as well.
PS: that's for a debian-style install. If you've got a beginner/knoppix install and a lang-XXX cheatcode active, I am not sure it will override /etc/environment
-
1) I created a '.bashrc' file some setting (e.g. export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8, alias ll='ls -l --color=auto' ..etc),
- If I login into ICEWM, my xterm work file. #echo $LC_ALL will show 'en_US.UTF-8'
- If I use ctrl+alt+F2, login into console mode, everthing is fine also
- If I login into KDE, everything gone, even getting a "ll: command not found" ....
mean only KDE replaced my setting ...
any idea how to deal with KDE ?
PS: I found that knoppix (hdd install version) will replace these file once it reboot,
-/etc/sysconfig/i18n
-/etc/sysconfig/keyboard
-/etc/sysconfig/knoppix
Similar Threads
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 02:06 AM
-
By dragonlord in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 05:22 AM
-
By MrC in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:35 AM
-
By slackhack in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 06:13 PM
-
By rasc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

StarTech MASFP10GBSR Cisco Meraki Compatible 10GBASE-SR 10Gb SFP+ Transceiver
$34.98

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50