-
is knoppix 3.6 dvd available?
Hello,
I could not find download for knoppix 3.6 dvd on knoppix website. Is 3.6 dvd not free to download and distribute?
iso-top.info website is selling knoppix 3.6 dvd. Is this also not available for free download?
I would appreciate if someone could clear my 'confusion' over dvd's of latest knoppix not being available for downloads! I thought Knoppix was GNU/Linux and freely available for downloading and distributing?
If you have information about downloading Knoppix 3.6 DVD from knoppix website or mirrors, please post. I don't mind if it takes a week to download. An official BitTorrent link would help!
I know that knoppix 3.5 LinuxTag dvd was not available for free download and I am not looking for the LinuxTag edition. I am not looking for warez or illegal copies.
Thanks in advance.
Fischer
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: is knoppix 3.6 dvd available?

Originally Posted by
fischer1000
Hello,
I could not find download for knoppix 3.6 dvd on knoppix website. Is 3.6 dvd not free to download and distribute?
iso-top.info website is selling knoppix 3.6 dvd. Is this also not available for free download?
I would appreciate if someone could clear my 'confusion' over dvd's of latest knoppix not being available for downloads! I thought Knoppix was GNU/Linux and freely available for downloading and distributing?
First of all: There is no Knoppix 3.6 DVD. Knoppix is a brand by Klaus Knopper and he did make no DVD version. Period.
Second: Iso-Top.info is selling and sometimes uploading a Remastered DVD Version of Knoppix. If you buy a DVD there, you pay something for the service of the remastering. Not for the software itself.
So Knoppix indeed is freely available for download and distributing.
Hope that clears it up.
cu
Fabian
-
knoppix dvd
There was a dvd called 3.5. It was given to attendees at Linux tag 2004. It contains 2 gig nearly of knoppix plus talks from the conference and some e books including
Learning Debian GNU/Linux
By Bill McCarty
and
Linux Network Administrator's Guide, 2nd Edition
By Olaf Kirch & Terry Dawson
2nd Edition June 2000
which is prety awesome value as it costs only ten euros. There is also a second dvd included which contains three versions of bsd, but this is mostly in German. Airmail to Australia was only 8 euros.
If you navigate through you can probably work it out.
order from
http://www.ixsoft.de/software/products/LBLT2004DV.html
The knoppix dvd defaults to the German keyboard put the boot option "knoppix lang=us" - you will have to type "knoppix lang)us" capital number 0 is = and captial number 7 is /
Have lots of fun!
David.
-
PS, as the dvd contains material other than knoppix which may be copyright (eg the books) out of respect to the authors I would not make copies or put it on the web for download. It is inexpensive and easy enough to buy.
David.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99