-
I just tried the latest 3.2 as it's been a while since I tried using Linux and wanted to see where it's at.
I've got an Asus A7N266-VM MB with a Duron 1200 and 512MB. It seemed to detect all my hardware, but when it displayed the eye splash screen and displayed the icons showing the progress it froze on the one where it's detecting/configuring peripherals or something like that. Tried it twice.
The real downer is that when I took the CD out and tried to boot Windows 2000 I got stuck in a reboot loop.
Would Knoppix have written to the hard drive? All my partitions are NTFS.
I ended up re-installing Windows. Not happy 
I've got plans to move to Linux one of these days, but this was not a good experience.
--
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By a1an_g in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 08:00 PM
-
By milkmood in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 07:38 PM
-
By Athalon1951 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 09:23 PM
-
By MChrist in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:28 PM
-
By StuPC in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage NeXTstation N1100 Computer Workstation w HDD & FDD Steve Jobs Powers On
$299.95

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99